Fresh off the late-March release of his long-awaited York LP, Blu returns to our pages with VEX’D, a freshly-remixed version of album inclusion SLNGNBNGR. In place of Dibiase‘s eight-bit synths, Sacramento-repping Booth fave Lee Bannon delivers a chopped-sample groove with a grimy, off-kilter feel. Thanks to the change in instrumental tone, Blu’s self-assured bars come off as less playful and more menacing. How about it, readers: is this revamp an improvement over the album version? You can find the latter, along with many more fresh cuts, on the artist’s latest full-length, available for free streaming and digital purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)