Fresh off the late-March release of his long-awaited York LP, Blu returns to our pages with VEX’D, a freshly-remixed version of album inclusion SLNGNBNGR. In place of Dibiase‘s eight-bit synths, Sacramento-repping Booth fave Lee Bannon delivers a chopped-sample groove with a grimy, off-kilter feel. Thanks to the change in instrumental tone, Blu’s self-assured bars come off as less playful and more menacing. How about it, readers: is this revamp an improvement over the album version? You can find the latter, along with many more fresh cuts, on the artist’s latest full-length, available for free streaming and digital purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.