Fresh off the late-March release of his long-awaited York LP, Blu returns to our pages with VEX’D, a freshly-remixed version of album inclusion SLNGNBNGR. In place of Dibiase‘s eight-bit synths, Sacramento-repping Booth fave Lee Bannon delivers a chopped-sample groove with a grimy, off-kilter feel. Thanks to the change in instrumental tone, Blu’s self-assured bars come off as less playful and more menacing. How about it, readers: is this revamp an improvement over the album version? You can find the latter, along with many more fresh cuts, on the artist’s latest full-length, available for free streaming and digital purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.