The last time we heard some collaborative work from Blu and Exile it was last October and we were all bumping When Nothing’s Left. That hiatus ends today with the previously unreleased A Man, a deeply contemplative cut that’s sent soaring on a beat from Exile that brings a gospel meets hip-hop feel by laying vocal samples over snapping percussion. Never one to hold back on the mic, Blu wades deep into theological waters on The Man, urging listeners to find the truth in their own higher power rather than simply follow what’s come before. Those eager for more music from the dynamic duo are in luck. Not only can A Man be found on the Dirty Science/Fat Beats EP Maybe One Day, it will be included in Blu and Exile’s upcoming album, Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them, due out on September 4.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.