The last time we heard some collaborative work from Blu and Exile it was last October and we were all bumping When Nothing’s Left. That hiatus ends today with the previously unreleased A Man, a deeply contemplative cut that’s sent soaring on a beat from Exile that brings a gospel meets hip-hop feel by laying vocal samples over snapping percussion. Never one to hold back on the mic, Blu wades deep into theological waters on The Man, urging listeners to find the truth in their own higher power rather than simply follow what’s come before. Those eager for more music from the dynamic duo are in luck. Not only can A Man be found on the Dirty Science/Fat Beats EP Maybe One Day, it will be included in Blu and Exile’s upcoming album, Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them, due out on September 4.
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.