No matter how far Blu roams, The West still enjoys pride of place in his heart. On single numero uno off his forthcoming double-album, the rapper/producer takes some time out to remind himself and his listeners that there’s no place like home. While the cut most definitely qualifies as a regional anthem, the lyrical picture he paints of his ‘hood is by no means sugarcoated. Over Bombay‘s bass blurts and jazz-guitar loops, the artist attacks his subject matter with characteristic wit and sophistication, interweaving slice-of-life imagery with nods to L.A. hip-hop’s gangster roots. Blu’s next LP, the appropriately-titled Good to Be Home, is slated to drop Tuesday, May 20, via Nature Sounds. In the meantime, why not check out his guest contribution to Need You, the latest DJBooth feature from L’Orange?
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.