No matter how far Blu roams, The West still enjoys pride of place in his heart. On single numero uno off his forthcoming double-album, the rapper/producer takes some time out to remind himself and his listeners that there’s no place like home. While the cut most definitely qualifies as a regional anthem, the lyrical picture he paints of his ‘hood is by no means sugarcoated. Over Bombay‘s bass blurts and jazz-guitar loops, the artist attacks his subject matter with characteristic wit and sophistication, interweaving slice-of-life imagery with nods to L.A. hip-hop’s gangster roots. Blu’s next LP, the appropriately-titled Good to Be Home, is slated to drop Tuesday, May 20, via Nature Sounds. In the meantime, why not check out his guest contribution to Need You, the latest DJBooth feature from L’Orange?
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Blu's musical hustle has taken him all over the globe, but he'll always have a special place in his heart for the region where he came up. On his next album, dropping in May via Nature Sounds, the rapper and producer lets...
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.