“What you do when you’re name’s Blu?” Great question. In this case, you release The Return, a second helping from your forthcoming full-length. Over Bombay‘s soulful foundation with minimally triumphant brass tabs, the West Coast emcee and producer asks a series of questions, all of which can be answered by the cold reality that no matter the location, for many, gang banging is the end all be all. Sadly, as an uncredited hook singer intimates, you just have to hope that your loved ones are present (and breathing) the next morning. Featuring previously-released single The West and much more, be sure to cop Blu’s new double album, Good To Be Home, due out May 20, via Nature Sounds.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/14
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.