After releasing their acclaimed single, A Man earlier this summer, Blu and Exile are back with their latest release, The Great Escape. A standout selection off of their recently released project, Give Me Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them, Escape features yet another dopely soulful beat from Exile himself. On the mic, the producer/emcee duo are joined by guests Homeboy Sandman and MC ADaD, who take turns displaying their lyrical prowess, highlighted by lines like, “Can you take a vacation from struggling everyday, through the hurt and humiliation, moldering through the mass of these everyday irritations.” For more hip-hop to help you escape the everyday monotony, pick up a copy of Blu and Exile’s new album, Give Me Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them, out now via FatBeats.
Written by Dillon White on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.