When industry vet Pete Rock personally passes you a fresh beat, what is there to do but blaze it and share the finished product with the world? That’s exactly what Blu did—and the result, The Clean Hand, is nothing short of stellar. Released via the artist’s Twitter Tuesday evening, this record finds West Coast underground mainstay dropping characteristically smooth, self-confident bars over the Big Apple beatsmith’s dreamy harp samples. This one-off release isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can keep it locked for anything and everything Blu in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)