When industry vet Pete Rock personally passes you a fresh beat, what is there to do but blaze it and share the finished product with the world? That’s exactly what Blu did—and the result, The Clean Hand, is nothing short of stellar. Released via the artist’s Twitter Tuesday evening, this record finds West Coast underground mainstay dropping characteristically smooth, self-confident bars over the Big Apple beatsmith’s dreamy harp samples. This one-off release isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can keep it locked for anything and everything Blu in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.