When industry vet Pete Rock personally passes you a fresh beat, what is there to do but blaze it and share the finished product with the world? That’s exactly what Blu did—and the result, The Clean Hand, is nothing short of stellar. Released via the artist’s Twitter Tuesday evening, this record finds West Coast underground mainstay dropping characteristically smooth, self-confident bars over the Big Apple beatsmith’s dreamy harp samples. This one-off release isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can keep it locked for anything and everything Blu in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.