Though Blu‘s product is a little more sophisticated than what many of his peers in the game are pushing, the Cali rapper/producer bears no illusions about his role: whatever else you seek to accomplish with your music, you’ve first and foremost got to deliver that addictive combination of rhythm and flow—that Rap Dope—that’ll keep hip-hop heads fiending for more. On single numero uno off his next studio album, he shows us how it’s done, enlisting project collaborator Bombay to craft a hazy, headphone-ready backdrop for entertainingly breezy, yet deceptively complex bars from the Golden State mainstay. Has Blu succeeded in hooking you with the first taste of his forthcoming project? Then don’t touch that dial—Good to Be Home as yet lacks a solid release date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.