Though Blu‘s product is a little more sophisticated than what many of his peers in the game are pushing, the Cali rapper/producer bears no illusions about his role: whatever else you seek to accomplish with your music, you’ve first and foremost got to deliver that addictive combination of rhythm and flow—that Rap Dope—that’ll keep hip-hop heads fiending for more. On single numero uno off his next studio album, he shows us how it’s done, enlisting project collaborator Bombay to craft a hazy, headphone-ready backdrop for entertainingly breezy, yet deceptively complex bars from the Golden State mainstay. Has Blu succeeded in hooking you with the first taste of his forthcoming project? Then don’t touch that dial—Good to Be Home as yet lacks a solid release date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.