Though Blu‘s product is a little more sophisticated than what many of his peers in the game are pushing, the Cali rapper/producer bears no illusions about his role: whatever else you seek to accomplish with your music, you’ve first and foremost got to deliver that addictive combination of rhythm and flow—that Rap Dope—that’ll keep hip-hop heads fiending for more. On single numero uno off his next studio album, he shows us how it’s done, enlisting project collaborator Bombay to craft a hazy, headphone-ready backdrop for entertainingly breezy, yet deceptively complex bars from the Golden State mainstay. Has Blu succeeded in hooking you with the first taste of his forthcoming project? Then don’t touch that dial—Good to Be Home as yet lacks a solid release date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.