On the first release off their forthcoming joint EP, West Coast rapper/beatsmith Blu and Virginia superproducer Nottz took the name “Boyz II Men” literally, using the ‘90s R&B group’s moniker as an oblique way of telling their competition to grow up. Similarly, the latest single has nothing to do with the streetwear brand Crooks and Castles. Rather, their rivals in the rap game are the titular Crooks in Castles, and the emcee/producer duo are storming the gates. Of course, they aren’t doing it alone; Homeboy Sandman, ANTHM, Sene and Johaz each jump on Nottz’s dissonant, sampled beat to deliver an aggressive guest 16. Feeling it? More bangers await on Gods in the Spirit EP, set to drop next Tuesday, October 22, via Coalmine Records.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.