On the first release off their forthcoming joint EP, West Coast rapper/beatsmith Blu and Virginia superproducer Nottz took the name “Boyz II Men” literally, using the ‘90s R&B group’s moniker as an oblique way of telling their competition to grow up. Similarly, the latest single has nothing to do with the streetwear brand Crooks and Castles. Rather, their rivals in the rap game are the titular Crooks in Castles, and the emcee/producer duo are storming the gates. Of course, they aren’t doing it alone; Homeboy Sandman, ANTHM, Sene and Johaz each jump on Nottz’s dissonant, sampled beat to deliver an aggressive guest 16. Feeling it? More bangers await on Gods in the Spirit EP, set to drop next Tuesday, October 22, via Coalmine Records.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.