Worried that you were going to have to wait forever and a day for another collaborative feature from West Coast mainstays Blu and Exile? Well, the arrival of this freshly-minted video single should Ease Your Mind. Part of the pair’s 2012 Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them LP, this laid-back banger finds the duo trading breezy, conversational bars over Exile’s wobbly synths and bossa nova-esque guitar chords. Video director David M. Helman complements the record’s languid vibe with footage of the duo engaged in some recreational boating. For this joint, previous single The Great Escape and many more dope selections, check out Blu and Exile’s latest joint project, available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
Nature Sounds/New World Color
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hostile Gospel (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.