Is abandoning the nine-to-five grind to pursue dreams of rap stardom an admirable act of courage, or one of youthful folly? It all depends on whether you’ve got the mix of skill, talent, connects and luck to make it. In the case of Blood Type, a Miami-based duo who recently put in their Two Week Notice in hopes of hitting the big time, I think readers will agree that they’ve got the first three, at least, covered. On new single (and Booth debut) Yung World, a Tears for Fears-sampled instrumental by reader fave (and freestyle series contributor) XV sets the stage for Stepson and Chief‘s heartfelt bars, which find them assuring a doubtful female that they can weather the storms together, come what may. In between the headliners’ verses, XV steps out from behind the boards to offer a little advice of his own, spitting, “Life is too short to argue this long.” Like what you’re hearing? Watch for Blood Type’s debut street album, the Booth-sponsored Two Weeks Notice, to hit our mixtape for free streaming and download in March!
Written by richard on 01/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have Dreams" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.