Is abandoning the nine-to-five grind to pursue dreams of rap stardom an admirable act of courage, or one of youthful folly? It all depends on whether you’ve got the mix of skill, talent, connects and luck to make it. In the case of Blood Type, a Miami-based duo who recently put in their Two Week Notice in hopes of hitting the big time, I think readers will agree that they’ve got the first three, at least, covered. On new single (and Booth debut) Yung World, a Tears for Fears-sampled instrumental by reader fave (and freestyle series contributor) XV sets the stage for Stepson and Chief‘s heartfelt bars, which find them assuring a doubtful female that they can weather the storms together, come what may. In between the headliners’ verses, XV steps out from behind the boards to offer a little advice of his own, spitting, “Life is too short to argue this long.” Like what you’re hearing? Watch for Blood Type’s debut street album, the Booth-sponsored Two Weeks Notice, to hit our mixtape for free streaming and download in March!
Written by richard on 01/10/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have Dreams" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)