Is it possible to follow one’s dreams, while also staying grounded in The Real? If you asked Chief and Stepson, the hungry up-and-comers who make up Blood Type, they’d answer without a moment’s hesitation: “Indubitably!” OK, I’m pretty sure nobody besides English butlers and Sherlock Holmes uses the word “indubitably” – but I digress. Point is, the sky-high hopes the Miami natives expressed in their last feature in no way diminish their commitment to keeping it one-hundred, as they make abundantly clear on their latest mixtape leak. Backed by Allrounda Productions’ Northeastern-style brass bombast (accented by old-school cuts), the twosome battle fakers and wannabes in wordplay-packed verses, even managing to incorporate some punny political commentary: “That’s why sometimes I don’t even wanna do the pledge: cause n*ggas even with a stuffy nose can’t sue da feds.” Topped off with the entertainingly blunted guest stylings of Smoke DZA, this certifiably real banger should only get listeners more amped for Blood Type’s Booth-sponsored Two Weeks Notice street album, set to hit our mixtape page March 7.
Written by richard on 02/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yung World" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.