Is it possible to follow one’s dreams, while also staying grounded in The Real? If you asked Chief and Stepson, the hungry up-and-comers who make up Blood Type, they’d answer without a moment’s hesitation: “Indubitably!” OK, I’m pretty sure nobody besides English butlers and Sherlock Holmes uses the word “indubitably” – but I digress. Point is, the sky-high hopes the Miami natives expressed in their last feature in no way diminish their commitment to keeping it one-hundred, as they make abundantly clear on their latest mixtape leak. Backed by Allrounda Productions’ Northeastern-style brass bombast (accented by old-school cuts), the twosome battle fakers and wannabes in wordplay-packed verses, even managing to incorporate some punny political commentary: “That’s why sometimes I don’t even wanna do the pledge: cause n*ggas even with a stuffy nose can’t sue da feds.” Topped off with the entertainingly blunted guest stylings of Smoke DZA, this certifiably real banger should only get listeners more amped for Blood Type’s Booth-sponsored Two Weeks Notice street album, set to hit our mixtape page March 7.
Written by richard on 02/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yung World" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)