Is it possible to follow one’s dreams, while also staying grounded in The Real? If you asked Chief and Stepson, the hungry up-and-comers who make up Blood Type, they’d answer without a moment’s hesitation: “Indubitably!” OK, I’m pretty sure nobody besides English butlers and Sherlock Holmes uses the word “indubitably” – but I digress. Point is, the sky-high hopes the Miami natives expressed in their last feature in no way diminish their commitment to keeping it one-hundred, as they make abundantly clear on their latest mixtape leak. Backed by Allrounda Productions’ Northeastern-style brass bombast (accented by old-school cuts), the twosome battle fakers and wannabes in wordplay-packed verses, even managing to incorporate some punny political commentary: “That’s why sometimes I don’t even wanna do the pledge: cause n*ggas even with a stuffy nose can’t sue da feds.” Topped off with the entertainingly blunted guest stylings of Smoke DZA, this certifiably real banger should only get listeners more amped for Blood Type’s Booth-sponsored Two Weeks Notice street album, set to hit our mixtape page March 7.
Written by richard on 02/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yung World" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.