In 1985, Zapp & Roger (who used the voice box over twenty years before T-Pain) released their song Computer Love; a resounding success, it would later be sampled by the likes of 2Pac, Blackstreet, Donnell Jones, and Mario. However, not until now has a hip-hop act decided to employ the song’s theme in one of their songs. That act would be Chicago duo and Disturbing Tha Peace signees Block Xchange, who search for females on Myspace, Facebook, and similar networking sites on Computer Love 2008. As Lyriq and Commando upgrade their creativity, producer Mike Snugg samples heavily from the original version to bring back memories for longtime fans. For more tutorials in how to make a powerful point, the duo’s debut album Young & Restless will be available both online and in stores this January.
Written by Burmy on 09/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.