In 1985, Zapp & Roger (who used the voice box over twenty years before T-Pain) released their song Computer Love; a resounding success, it would later be sampled by the likes of 2Pac, Blackstreet, Donnell Jones, and Mario. However, not until now has a hip-hop act decided to employ the song’s theme in one of their songs. That act would be Chicago duo and Disturbing Tha Peace signees Block Xchange, who search for females on Myspace, Facebook, and similar networking sites on Computer Love 2008. As Lyriq and Commando upgrade their creativity, producer Mike Snugg samples heavily from the original version to bring back memories for longtime fans. For more tutorials in how to make a powerful point, the duo’s debut album Young & Restless will be available both online and in stores this January.
Written by Burmy on 09/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.