In 1985, Zapp & Roger (who used the voice box over twenty years before T-Pain) released their song Computer Love; a resounding success, it would later be sampled by the likes of 2Pac, Blackstreet, Donnell Jones, and Mario. However, not until now has a hip-hop act decided to employ the song’s theme in one of their songs. That act would be Chicago duo and Disturbing Tha Peace signees Block Xchange, who search for females on Myspace, Facebook, and similar networking sites on Computer Love 2008. As Lyriq and Commando upgrade their creativity, producer Mike Snugg samples heavily from the original version to bring back memories for longtime fans. For more tutorials in how to make a powerful point, the duo’s debut album Young & Restless will be available both online and in stores this January.
Written by Burmy on 09/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.