In 1985, Zapp & Roger (who used the voice box over twenty years before T-Pain) released their song Computer Love; a resounding success, it would later be sampled by the likes of 2Pac, Blackstreet, Donnell Jones, and Mario. However, not until now has a hip-hop act decided to employ the song’s theme in one of their songs. That act would be Chicago duo and Disturbing Tha Peace signees Block Xchange, who search for females on Myspace, Facebook, and similar networking sites on Computer Love 2008. As Lyriq and Commando upgrade their creativity, producer Mike Snugg samples heavily from the original version to bring back memories for longtime fans. For more tutorials in how to make a powerful point, the duo’s debut album Young & Restless will be available both online and in stores this January.
Written by Burmy on 09/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.