If you know anything about Block McCloud, you know exactly what to expect from new single It’s Alive; heavily auto-tuned disposable party anthems! Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. In actually McCloud’s new single, making it’s world premiere on The DJBooth, is as raw and uncut as they come, starting with an instrumental from DJ Waxwork filled with ominous overtones and some classic scratching. For his part Block, who’s been a repeat guest artist on our pages but never a headliner until today, lays down rhymes that can only be ignored at your peril. The same goes for the always gritty Slaine and DC, who jump on board for guest verses that jointly resurrect some of that old school hip-hop aggression. For more music to strong to be killed, be sure to cop Block’s Four Walls album, available for digital purchase via Disturbia Music Group right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
Disturbia Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"End of Days" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)