If you know anything about Block McCloud, you know exactly what to expect from new single It’s Alive; heavily auto-tuned disposable party anthems! Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. In actually McCloud’s new single, making it’s world premiere on The DJBooth, is as raw and uncut as they come, starting with an instrumental from DJ Waxwork filled with ominous overtones and some classic scratching. For his part Block, who’s been a repeat guest artist on our pages but never a headliner until today, lays down rhymes that can only be ignored at your peril. The same goes for the always gritty Slaine and DC, who jump on board for guest verses that jointly resurrect some of that old school hip-hop aggression. For more music to strong to be killed, be sure to cop Block’s Four Walls album, available for digital purchase via Disturbia Music Group right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
Disturbia Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"End of Days" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.