If you know anything about Block McCloud, you know exactly what to expect from new single It’s Alive; heavily auto-tuned disposable party anthems! Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. In actually McCloud’s new single, making it’s world premiere on The DJBooth, is as raw and uncut as they come, starting with an instrumental from DJ Waxwork filled with ominous overtones and some classic scratching. For his part Block, who’s been a repeat guest artist on our pages but never a headliner until today, lays down rhymes that can only be ignored at your peril. The same goes for the always gritty Slaine and DC, who jump on board for guest verses that jointly resurrect some of that old school hip-hop aggression. For more music to strong to be killed, be sure to cop Block’s Four Walls album, available for digital purchase via Disturbia Music Group right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/16/12
Disturbia Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"End of Days" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.