You can search the hip-hop game from top to bottom, and you won’t find anything quite like the BLKHRTS’ grimy, goth/metal-inspired brand of underground hip-hop. As such, after nearly a year with no new features (Really Great World (Remix) dropped in August of 2012), the Denver collective’s devotees in the Booth must be getting mighty hungry for new material. Today, they make their triumphant return with The Space Between (I’ve Got It All in Here), the inaugural song release off their next street album. Here, Yonnas’ eerie, Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples and grinding synths serve as the canvas for aggressive, high-energy bars from himself, King L.O.E. and Karma the Voice. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to Death, Romance and the ColorBLK‘s 7/30 release via Dave Sitek’s Federal Prism label.
Written by richard on 06/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Song For...." (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.