Blitz the Ambassador‘s last EP, streamable in the Booth as of August 2013, was a dope body of work, but it undoubtedly left fans hungry for something a bit more substantial. After all, a title like “The Warm Up” implies a main event to come. Well, those craving more fresh music won’t have to wait much longer to be fully satisfied; now that his limbs are loosened up and his blood is pumping, he’s nearly ready to unleash his junior studio album. Coming on the heels of January’s non-featured SUCCESS, second single Make You No Forget offers a taste of the memorable material in store. Here, Blitz’s effervescent, brass-laced boardwork sets the stage for verses which find the Brooklyn resident indicting social injustice as he celebrates his Ghanaian roots. Seun Kuti, the son of Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti, assists on the guest tip. The headliner directs the vibrant accompanying visuals, which are produced by Accra Dot Alt and were filmed in his native country. Feeling it? Then don’t forget to cop Afropolitan Dreams when it drops via iTunes on Tuesday, April 29.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.