After unleashing his Native Sun LP (featuring the Booth-approved Dear Africa) back in 2011, Blitz the Ambassador took a hiatus from recording to tour Europe and South America with his live band, The Embassy Ensemble. Two years and change later, the Ghanaian-American emcee announces his return from his travels with the release of DIKEMBE!, the lead single off his forthcoming EP. Inspired, of course, by Dikembe Mutombo and his signature finger-wag, this joint finds Blitz channeling the legendary shot-blocker’s showmanship and bravado as he laces Optiks’ swaggering, rock-infused production with globally-minded braggadocio. Lichthof Ehrenfeld directs the official visuals, shot on location in Rabat, Morocco. The official prelude to the late-2013 arrival of junior full-length Afropolitan Dreams, The Warm Up EP has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.