After unleashing his Native Sun LP (featuring the Booth-approved Dear Africa) back in 2011, Blitz the Ambassador took a hiatus from recording to tour Europe and South America with his live band, The Embassy Ensemble. Two years and change later, the Ghanaian-American emcee announces his return from his travels with the release of DIKEMBE!, the lead single off his forthcoming EP. Inspired, of course, by Dikembe Mutombo and his signature finger-wag, this joint finds Blitz channeling the legendary shot-blocker’s showmanship and bravado as he laces Optiks’ swaggering, rock-infused production with globally-minded braggadocio. Lichthof Ehrenfeld directs the official visuals, shot on location in Rabat, Morocco. The official prelude to the late-2013 arrival of junior full-length Afropolitan Dreams, The Warm Up EP has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.