After unleashing his Native Sun LP (featuring the Booth-approved Dear Africa) back in 2011, Blitz the Ambassador took a hiatus from recording to tour Europe and South America with his live band, The Embassy Ensemble. Two years and change later, the Ghanaian-American emcee announces his return from his travels with the release of DIKEMBE!, the lead single off his forthcoming EP. Inspired, of course, by Dikembe Mutombo and his signature finger-wag, this joint finds Blitz channeling the legendary shot-blocker’s showmanship and bravado as he laces Optiks’ swaggering, rock-infused production with globally-minded braggadocio. Lichthof Ehrenfeld directs the official visuals, shot on location in Rabat, Morocco. The official prelude to the late-2013 arrival of junior full-length Afropolitan Dreams, The Warm Up EP has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.