After unleashing his Native Sun LP (featuring the Booth-approved Dear Africa) back in 2011, Blitz the Ambassador took a hiatus from recording to tour Europe and South America with his live band, The Embassy Ensemble. Two years and change later, the Ghanaian-American emcee announces his return from his travels with the release of DIKEMBE!, the lead single off his forthcoming EP. Inspired, of course, by Dikembe Mutombo and his signature finger-wag, this joint finds Blitz channeling the legendary shot-blocker’s showmanship and bravado as he laces Optiks’ swaggering, rock-infused production with globally-minded braggadocio. Lichthof Ehrenfeld directs the official visuals, shot on location in Rabat, Morocco. The official prelude to the late-2013 arrival of junior full-length Afropolitan Dreams, The Warm Up EP has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for further release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.