DIKEMBE! and African in New York, the previously-featured singles off Blitz the Ambassador‘s next EP, offered a predominantly upbeat take on the Ghanaian-born, Brooklyn-based emcee’s international lifestyle. With his well-traveled perspective, however, comes an awareness of globalization’s darker manifestations, from rapacious multinational corporations to children forced to tote AKs in order to survive. On new single BISA, the emcee emphasizes the need for revolutionary transformation on the global scale, delivering his fiery bars over Tismé‘s moody keys and reversed ride cymbals. Fellow Pan-African rhymesayer TY laces the back with some heady reflections on religion and colonialism, and Nigerian-German singer Nneka lends her vocals to the record’s hook. For this thought-provoking jam and much more, check out Blitz’s Warm Up EP when it hits record stores and online retailers August 27.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.