DIKEMBE! and African in New York, the previously-featured singles off Blitz the Ambassador‘s next EP, offered a predominantly upbeat take on the Ghanaian-born, Brooklyn-based emcee’s international lifestyle. With his well-traveled perspective, however, comes an awareness of globalization’s darker manifestations, from rapacious multinational corporations to children forced to tote AKs in order to survive. On new single BISA, the emcee emphasizes the need for revolutionary transformation on the global scale, delivering his fiery bars over Tismé‘s moody keys and reversed ride cymbals. Fellow Pan-African rhymesayer TY laces the back with some heady reflections on religion and colonialism, and Nigerian-German singer Nneka lends her vocals to the record’s hook. For this thought-provoking jam and much more, check out Blitz’s Warm Up EP when it hits record stores and online retailers August 27.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.