Earlier this month, Blitz the Ambassador ended a two-year drought of recorded material with DIKEMBE!, a lead EP single whose lyrics and official visuals (shot in Rabat, Morocco) clearly reflected the artist’s global preoccupations. On freshly-released follow-up African in New York, the Ghanaian-American spitter takes it back to hip-hop’s hometown. Though the record begins on a lighthearted note thanks to a sample from Eddie Murphy’s classic Coming to America, Blitz offers serious food for thought on the lyrical tip, painting a multifaceted portrait of black culture in the Big Apple. The artist-produced instrumental echoes the lyrical theme by pairing African guitar riffs and hand drums with boom-bap percussion. A sample from Jay Z‘s 99 Problems graces the hook. The Warm Up is scheduled to hit online retailers in August. In the meantime, of course, you can watch our pages for further song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.