Earlier this month, Blitz the Ambassador ended a two-year drought of recorded material with DIKEMBE!, a lead EP single whose lyrics and official visuals (shot in Rabat, Morocco) clearly reflected the artist’s global preoccupations. On freshly-released follow-up African in New York, the Ghanaian-American spitter takes it back to hip-hop’s hometown. Though the record begins on a lighthearted note thanks to a sample from Eddie Murphy’s classic Coming to America, Blitz offers serious food for thought on the lyrical tip, painting a multifaceted portrait of black culture in the Big Apple. The artist-produced instrumental echoes the lyrical theme by pairing African guitar riffs and hand drums with boom-bap percussion. A sample from Jay Z‘s 99 Problems graces the hook. The Warm Up is scheduled to hit online retailers in August. In the meantime, of course, you can watch our pages for further song releases off the set.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.