Hip Hop, like any other music form has a history. Unfortunately, its rich history is often overshadowed by whatever current pop-culture influenced trends are taking over the listening youth. Brooklyn MC Blitz The Ambassador spotted this problem however, and is on a mission to stop it dead in its tracks (no pun intended.) On the reminiscent cut, Hands of Time, producer Optiks interpolates his beat with clips from every rapper Blitz mentions in his lyrical lesson; Included are KRS-ONE, Rakim & Eric B., Public Enemy and Run DMC. Although the self proclaimed Ambassador has a way to go before he reaches such lofty stature, his knowledge and prescience on the microphone will help him write his own chapter.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Breathe ft. Rob Murat" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.