Blitz the Ambassador has dropped off the first single off his forthcoming album Native Sun, entitled Dear Africa. If you can’t tell by the title, Dear Africa is an open letter song to the motherland that shows what man has done to destroy the richest continent. However, the song also makes sure to point out that through disease, imperialism, and other misfortunes, Africa remains one of the most beautiful places in the world. Produced by Optiks and Blitz, the beat is comprised of an ensemble of well-placed trumpets, trombones, sax, and jazz guitar. While the beginning of the song supplies a slower groove that focuses on Blitz’s open letter, the chorus is complemented by Grammy-nominated sisters Les Nubians. Once the sisters join, the beat becomes a lot more upbeat and mixes a good amount of jazz, tribal, and miscellanea of instruments and styles into the mix. If this single doesn’t give you a warm cultural feeling inside, then I’m convinced you might not have a soul. Those with souls, however, will want to pick up Native Sun when it drops May 3.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.