Blitz the Ambassador has dropped off the first single off his forthcoming album Native Sun, entitled Dear Africa. If you can’t tell by the title, Dear Africa is an open letter song to the motherland that shows what man has done to destroy the richest continent. However, the song also makes sure to point out that through disease, imperialism, and other misfortunes, Africa remains one of the most beautiful places in the world. Produced by Optiks and Blitz, the beat is comprised of an ensemble of well-placed trumpets, trombones, sax, and jazz guitar. While the beginning of the song supplies a slower groove that focuses on Blitz’s open letter, the chorus is complemented by Grammy-nominated sisters Les Nubians. Once the sisters join, the beat becomes a lot more upbeat and mixes a good amount of jazz, tribal, and miscellanea of instruments and styles into the mix. If this single doesn’t give you a warm cultural feeling inside, then I’m convinced you might not have a soul. Those with souls, however, will want to pick up Native Sun when it drops May 3.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/31/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.