Blitz the Ambassador has dropped off the first single off his forthcoming album Native Sun, entitled Dear Africa. If you can’t tell by the title, Dear Africa is an open letter song to the motherland that shows what man has done to destroy the richest continent. However, the song also makes sure to point out that through disease, imperialism, and other misfortunes, Africa remains one of the most beautiful places in the world. Produced by Optiks and Blitz, the beat is comprised of an ensemble of well-placed trumpets, trombones, sax, and jazz guitar. While the beginning of the song supplies a slower groove that focuses on Blitz’s open letter, the chorus is complemented by Grammy-nominated sisters Les Nubians. Once the sisters join, the beat becomes a lot more upbeat and mixes a good amount of jazz, tribal, and miscellanea of instruments and styles into the mix. If this single doesn’t give you a warm cultural feeling inside, then I’m convinced you might not have a soul. Those with souls, however, will want to pick up Native Sun when it drops May 3.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands of Time" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.