With hip-hop’s massive influence across the world, rappers’ recognition of positive power for the spoken word seems to be minimal. However, Nigerian born emcee Blink uses his talents to speak on a subject that seems like second-nature to those of western culture; competition. Now residing in Chicago, Blink brings international sound to an internal dilemma with the World Wide Flow. Making his first appearance on DJBooth, Blink doesn’t hesitate to make his intentions known on WWF, transmitting the desire only to be recognized as one who makes great music while producer Mr. B New power bombs the track with an overlay of synthesized sounds and congos that bring reminders of the Timberland/Timberlake collabo days. No doubt about it, World Wide Flow challenges the ideas of being the best in the world, simply by being yourself. Be influenced by a different message and check out Blink’s American Dreams, African Principles album, set to drop on November 1.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 10/11/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.