With hip-hop’s massive influence across the world, rappers’ recognition of positive power for the spoken word seems to be minimal. However, Nigerian born emcee Blink uses his talents to speak on a subject that seems like second-nature to those of western culture; competition. Now residing in Chicago, Blink brings international sound to an internal dilemma with the World Wide Flow. Making his first appearance on DJBooth, Blink doesn’t hesitate to make his intentions known on WWF, transmitting the desire only to be recognized as one who makes great music while producer Mr. B New power bombs the track with an overlay of synthesized sounds and congos that bring reminders of the Timberland/Timberlake collabo days. No doubt about it, World Wide Flow challenges the ideas of being the best in the world, simply by being yourself. Be influenced by a different message and check out Blink’s American Dreams, African Principles album, set to drop on November 1.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.