With hip-hop’s massive influence across the world, rappers’ recognition of positive power for the spoken word seems to be minimal. However, Nigerian born emcee Blink uses his talents to speak on a subject that seems like second-nature to those of western culture; competition. Now residing in Chicago, Blink brings international sound to an internal dilemma with the World Wide Flow. Making his first appearance on DJBooth, Blink doesn’t hesitate to make his intentions known on WWF, transmitting the desire only to be recognized as one who makes great music while producer Mr. B New power bombs the track with an overlay of synthesized sounds and congos that bring reminders of the Timberland/Timberlake collabo days. No doubt about it, World Wide Flow challenges the ideas of being the best in the world, simply by being yourself. Be influenced by a different message and check out Blink’s American Dreams, African Principles album, set to drop on November 1.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 10/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.