Lions, tigers and bears (oh my), will leave you wondering what’s a goon to an African? With a few grunt like chants in the beginning and some hard-hitting verses, Blink proves he’s an Animal on his latest Booth feature. The Lagos, Nigeria native delivers a solid cut from his upcoming American Dreams/ African Principles project, coming soon. Kurtis Toledo lays down the beat for the emcee who grew up being exposed to Afro beat, disco, rock, blues, jazz and more by his parents. You can feel that diversity and energy on Animal, as Blink feeds his hunger for Hip-Hop like a hippopotamus.
Written by ThroatChopU on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.