Lions, tigers and bears (oh my), will leave you wondering what’s a goon to an African? With a few grunt like chants in the beginning and some hard-hitting verses, Blink proves he’s an Animal on his latest Booth feature. The Lagos, Nigeria native delivers a solid cut from his upcoming American Dreams/ African Principles project, coming soon. Kurtis Toledo lays down the beat for the emcee who grew up being exposed to Afro beat, disco, rock, blues, jazz and more by his parents. You can feel that diversity and energy on Animal, as Blink feeds his hunger for Hip-Hop like a hippopotamus.
Written by ThroatChopU on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.