Lions, tigers and bears (oh my), will leave you wondering what’s a goon to an African? With a few grunt like chants in the beginning and some hard-hitting verses, Blink proves he’s an Animal on his latest Booth feature. The Lagos, Nigeria native delivers a solid cut from his upcoming American Dreams/ African Principles project, coming soon. Kurtis Toledo lays down the beat for the emcee who grew up being exposed to Afro beat, disco, rock, blues, jazz and more by his parents. You can feel that diversity and energy on Animal, as Blink feeds his hunger for Hip-Hop like a hippopotamus.
Written by ThroatChopU on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)