It’s said that, of the five senses, smell is the most strongly linked with memory. But isn’t it downright crazy to smell something and immediately be reminded of a person, place or thing? While some scents are unforgettable, some might leave you confused. For instance, if you find yourself asking “What’s That Smell?” after bumping the latest cut from Blaze P, don’t worry; it’s just the smell of your speakers sizzling from this blazing-hot track. Not only is Blaze responsible for an ultra-crisp verse, delivered in a fiery, charismatic flow, but he also creates the uptempo, guitar-driven beat. Joining him on the guest tip are missing-in-action emcee Jon Hope, who contributes a similarly emphatic, fresh verse, and Statik Selektah, who lends a hand behind the wheels of steel. What’s That Smell? is the latest song release off Blaze’s The King’s Ransom LP, which as yet lacks a drop date. As always fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.