Since time immemorial, Blastah Beatz has been an under-the-radar presence in the Booth, playing second banana to the likes of Joe Budden, Joe Budden, Joe Budden... well, let’s just say that he’s worked with Joe Budden quite a bit. But No More. Today, the Portuguese producer takes center stage with the latest single off his forthcoming solo set. A new-and-improved version of a cut originally featured back in 2008, when it was slated for inclusion on (surprise, surprise) Joe Budden’s Padded Room, the record finds Blastah slicing-and-dicing a bombastic arena-rock sample (complete with already-Chipmunk-pitched chorus) as Joey Crack unloads his heaviest lyrical artillery at the rest of the game. He takes special relish in cutting rap toughs down to size: “Why don’t you and ya gang go flag rainbow / To me you n*ggas is all ass, Bang Bros.” Heartbreak turns in a brief but dope performance on the middle and the blusterous Killa BH ties it all together with some hoarse hype. Think Blastah Beatz is in a class of his own? More hot beats and heavyweight guest features await on his Graduate StudiesLP, set to drop October 5. In the meantime, fans can peep the video here.
Written by richard on 10/4/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.