Since time immemorial, Blastah Beatz has been an under-the-radar presence in the Booth, playing second banana to the likes of Joe Budden, Joe Budden, Joe Budden... well, let’s just say that he’s worked with Joe Budden quite a bit. But No More. Today, the Portuguese producer takes center stage with the latest single off his forthcoming solo set. A new-and-improved version of a cut originally featured back in 2008, when it was slated for inclusion on (surprise, surprise) Joe Budden’s Padded Room, the record finds Blastah slicing-and-dicing a bombastic arena-rock sample (complete with already-Chipmunk-pitched chorus) as Joey Crack unloads his heaviest lyrical artillery at the rest of the game. He takes special relish in cutting rap toughs down to size: “Why don’t you and ya gang go flag rainbow / To me you n*ggas is all ass, Bang Bros.” Heartbreak turns in a brief but dope performance on the middle and the blusterous Killa BH ties it all together with some hoarse hype. Think Blastah Beatz is in a class of his own? More hot beats and heavyweight guest features await on his Graduate StudiesLP, set to drop October 5. In the meantime, fans can peep the video here.
Written by richard on 10/4/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.