Since time immemorial, Blastah Beatz has been an under-the-radar presence in the Booth, playing second banana to the likes of Joe Budden, Joe Budden, Joe Budden... well, let’s just say that he’s worked with Joe Budden quite a bit. But No More. Today, the Portuguese producer takes center stage with the latest single off his forthcoming solo set. A new-and-improved version of a cut originally featured back in 2008, when it was slated for inclusion on (surprise, surprise) Joe Budden’s Padded Room, the record finds Blastah slicing-and-dicing a bombastic arena-rock sample (complete with already-Chipmunk-pitched chorus) as Joey Crack unloads his heaviest lyrical artillery at the rest of the game. He takes special relish in cutting rap toughs down to size: “Why don’t you and ya gang go flag rainbow / To me you n*ggas is all ass, Bang Bros.” Heartbreak turns in a brief but dope performance on the middle and the blusterous Killa BH ties it all together with some hoarse hype. Think Blastah Beatz is in a class of his own? More hot beats and heavyweight guest features await on his Graduate StudiesLP, set to drop October 5. In the meantime, fans can peep the video here.
Written by richard on 10/4/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)