After busting shots around Bodymore, Murderland with club hit Tote It, DJ Blaqstarr began penning popular singles for local artists and working with the likes of ’08 sensation M.I.A. The inspired young Baltimore DJ, whose home studio is known as “The Cloud,” has extended his range, however, on his own brand new record, In The Mood. On the swaggeriffic song, Blaqstarr tag-teams with Rye Rye to give the clubs a dose of a hood Peter Gabriel. The end result doesn’t sound like anything you’d hear at a B-More club, but it should mean plenty of attention and possibly a label deal for Blaqstarr and his producing buddy, Young L. Hopefully In The Mood a song that allows listeners to zone out and escape from life’s ills, will do a little to soothe the streets of one of America’s most dangerous cities.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.