After busting shots around Bodymore, Murderland with club hit Tote It, DJ Blaqstarr began penning popular singles for local artists and working with the likes of ’08 sensation M.I.A. The inspired young Baltimore DJ, whose home studio is known as “The Cloud,” has extended his range, however, on his own brand new record, In The Mood. On the swaggeriffic song, Blaqstarr tag-teams with Rye Rye to give the clubs a dose of a hood Peter Gabriel. The end result doesn’t sound like anything you’d hear at a B-More club, but it should mean plenty of attention and possibly a label deal for Blaqstarr and his producing buddy, Young L. Hopefully In The Mood a song that allows listeners to zone out and escape from life’s ills, will do a little to soothe the streets of one of America’s most dangerous cities.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.