After busting shots around Bodymore, Murderland with club hit Tote It, DJ Blaqstarr began penning popular singles for local artists and working with the likes of ’08 sensation M.I.A. The inspired young Baltimore DJ, whose home studio is known as “The Cloud,” has extended his range, however, on his own brand new record, In The Mood. On the swaggeriffic song, Blaqstarr tag-teams with Rye Rye to give the clubs a dose of a hood Peter Gabriel. The end result doesn’t sound like anything you’d hear at a B-More club, but it should mean plenty of attention and possibly a label deal for Blaqstarr and his producing buddy, Young L. Hopefully In The Mood a song that allows listeners to zone out and escape from life’s ills, will do a little to soothe the streets of one of America’s most dangerous cities.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.