Is the age of realness over? Not as long as Blame One has anything to say about it. On his latest DJBooth feature, a non-album unreleased joint, the Los Angeles representative asserts his dominance over the hip-hop game, promising to keep the forces of wackness in check for as long as he’s rocking the mic. Coper mans the mixing boards, layering a string/vocal sample over a dusty break as the rhymesayer champions respect over money, honesty over hyperbole, and skills over flash. Appreciate Blame One’s commitment to carrying the torch for real hip-hop? Then keep it locked—while this joint isn’t part of the project, you can expect similar freshness on his and Brown Bag All-Stars member J57‘s forthcoming, currently untitled forthcoming LP. Additionally, watch for a new, Exile-produced video single to drop before the end of the year.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dropping Bombs" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.