Is the age of realness over? Not as long as Blame One has anything to say about it. On his latest DJBooth feature, a non-album unreleased joint, the Los Angeles representative asserts his dominance over the hip-hop game, promising to keep the forces of wackness in check for as long as he’s rocking the mic. Coper mans the mixing boards, layering a string/vocal sample over a dusty break as the rhymesayer champions respect over money, honesty over hyperbole, and skills over flash. Appreciate Blame One’s commitment to carrying the torch for real hip-hop? Then keep it locked—while this joint isn’t part of the project, you can expect similar freshness on his and Brown Bag All-Stars member J57‘s forthcoming, currently untitled forthcoming LP. Additionally, watch for a new, Exile-produced video single to drop before the end of the year.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dropping Bombs" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.