Is the age of realness over? Not as long as Blame One has anything to say about it. On his latest DJBooth feature, a non-album unreleased joint, the Los Angeles representative asserts his dominance over the hip-hop game, promising to keep the forces of wackness in check for as long as he’s rocking the mic. Coper mans the mixing boards, layering a string/vocal sample over a dusty break as the rhymesayer champions respect over money, honesty over hyperbole, and skills over flash. Appreciate Blame One’s commitment to carrying the torch for real hip-hop? Then keep it locked—while this joint isn’t part of the project, you can expect similar freshness on his and Brown Bag All-Stars member J57‘s forthcoming, currently untitled forthcoming LP. Additionally, watch for a new, Exile-produced video single to drop before the end of the year.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dropping Bombs" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)