I’m not ashamed to admit it: I used to be a huge wrestling fan. The Rock and Stone Cold were always my favorites, but I will forever remember the “Nature Boy,” Rick Flair, for his charismatic, off-the-wall persona and his penchant for screaming “WOOOO!” Speaking of which, after listening to Blake Kelly’s latest feature, I was “WOO”-ing just like Flair, because this cut has an undeniable level of energy. Midi Mafia provides Kelly with his entrance music, chopping up a sample from Snap’s Jock Jams inclusion I Got The Power and dousing it with some unique effects. Kelly bodyslams the intriguing production, showcasing his skills with a stable, staggered flow. His consistent approach on the mic anchors the cut and serves as a counterpoint to the frenzied, crazy beat. Rick Flair is slated for inclusion on Kelly’s upcoming Surrealistic project, set to drop in early September.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
Rockstar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.