I’m not ashamed to admit it: I used to be a huge wrestling fan. The Rock and Stone Cold were always my favorites, but I will forever remember the “Nature Boy,” Rick Flair, for his charismatic, off-the-wall persona and his penchant for screaming “WOOOO!” Speaking of which, after listening to Blake Kelly’s latest feature, I was “WOO”-ing just like Flair, because this cut has an undeniable level of energy. Midi Mafia provides Kelly with his entrance music, chopping up a sample from Snap’s Jock Jams inclusion I Got The Power and dousing it with some unique effects. Kelly bodyslams the intriguing production, showcasing his skills with a stable, staggered flow. His consistent approach on the mic anchors the cut and serves as a counterpoint to the frenzied, crazy beat. Rick Flair is slated for inclusion on Kelly’s upcoming Surrealistic project, set to drop in early September.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
Rockstar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.