Single on Valentine’s Day? Look on the bright side: there’s no better time to tell that guy or girl you’re secretly admiring, “I Got a Thing for You.” Those seeking a little inspiration on how to break it to that special someone need look no further than Blake Kelly‘s latest song release, making its world premiere right here in the DJBooth. On this mixtape standout, a slow-rolling, funky beat by Mark “The Mogul” Jackson (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver an Auto-Tuned hook) gets heads a’nodding as the Shout emcee tells the woman he’s been clocking exactly how he feels, and makes clear just how much he could offer her were she to return his affections. Has Kelly succeeded in winning your heart with this earnest jam? If so, you can look forward to plenty more Songs About Girls on his latest street album, scheduled to drop digitally later today.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
Rockstar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.