Single on Valentine’s Day? Look on the bright side: there’s no better time to tell that guy or girl you’re secretly admiring, “I Got a Thing for You.” Those seeking a little inspiration on how to break it to that special someone need look no further than Blake Kelly‘s latest song release, making its world premiere right here in the DJBooth. On this mixtape standout, a slow-rolling, funky beat by Mark “The Mogul” Jackson (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver an Auto-Tuned hook) gets heads a’nodding as the Shout emcee tells the woman he’s been clocking exactly how he feels, and makes clear just how much he could offer her were she to return his affections. Has Kelly succeeded in winning your heart with this earnest jam? If so, you can look forward to plenty more Songs About Girls on his latest street album, scheduled to drop digitally later today.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
Rockstar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)