Like many rap buzzmakers, Blake Kelly started all the way at the bottom of the food chain. Now that he’s gotten on, though, he’s utterly confident that he and his clique are gonna be Alright. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this freshly-minted EP single sees producer CATS flipping a mellow, jazzy piano loop as the Virginia emcee charts his path from rags to riches, and shows off the fruits of his hustle. Fellow DMV repper and longtime reader favor Phil Adé contributes a cocksure closing 16. Blake’s The Gordo EP currently lacks a release date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge. In the meantime, why not take a listen to the headliner’s last DJBooth feature, August 2013’s Rick Flair?
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
Rockstar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.