Like many rap buzzmakers, Blake Kelly started all the way at the bottom of the food chain. Now that he’s gotten on, though, he’s utterly confident that he and his clique are gonna be Alright. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this freshly-minted EP single sees producer CATS flipping a mellow, jazzy piano loop as the Virginia emcee charts his path from rags to riches, and shows off the fruits of his hustle. Fellow DMV repper and longtime reader favor Phil Adé contributes a cocksure closing 16. Blake’s The Gordo EP currently lacks a release date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge. In the meantime, why not take a listen to the headliner’s last DJBooth feature, August 2013’s Rick Flair?
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Rockstar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)