Like many rap buzzmakers, Blake Kelly started all the way at the bottom of the food chain. Now that he’s gotten on, though, he’s utterly confident that he and his clique are gonna be Alright. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this freshly-minted EP single sees producer CATS flipping a mellow, jazzy piano loop as the Virginia emcee charts his path from rags to riches, and shows off the fruits of his hustle. Fellow DMV repper and longtime reader favor Phil Adé contributes a cocksure closing 16. Blake’s The Gordo EP currently lacks a release date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge. In the meantime, why not take a listen to the headliner’s last DJBooth feature, August 2013’s Rick Flair?
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
Rockstar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.