Relationships are tough as it is. They become almost impossible when you introduce emotional baggage from past heartbreaks. But don’t take our word for it. Just listen to Blak Nevada‘s Push (Remix). On his first Booth feature, the Illinois R&B/pop artist wants to let you know that any pain you’ve felt before in life doesn’t have to affect the relationship you’re in right now. When you let a bad experience bring down what you have in front of you right now, it can feel like you’re drowning yourself and the other person. Hence the heavy, dragging feel behind the production and lyrics, both provided by the singer. New York-repping guest ANTHM emphasizes the subconscious power of emotional baggage by telling a roller coaster story of the girl who was supposed to be the one but ultimately never worked out. Push (Remix) will appear on Blak Nevada’s upcoming album, Kathedral City. Get more Blak Nevada at his website and his Facebook page.
Written by Bryan H on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.