Relationships are tough as it is. They become almost impossible when you introduce emotional baggage from past heartbreaks. But don’t take our word for it. Just listen to Blak Nevada‘s Push (Remix). On his first Booth feature, the Illinois R&B/pop artist wants to let you know that any pain you’ve felt before in life doesn’t have to affect the relationship you’re in right now. When you let a bad experience bring down what you have in front of you right now, it can feel like you’re drowning yourself and the other person. Hence the heavy, dragging feel behind the production and lyrics, both provided by the singer. New York-repping guest ANTHM emphasizes the subconscious power of emotional baggage by telling a roller coaster story of the girl who was supposed to be the one but ultimately never worked out. Push (Remix) will appear on Blak Nevada’s upcoming album, Kathedral City. Get more Blak Nevada at his website and his Facebook page.
Written by Bryan H on 04/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.