Relationships are tough as it is. They become almost impossible when you introduce emotional baggage from past heartbreaks. But don’t take our word for it. Just listen to Blak Nevada‘s Push (Remix). On his first Booth feature, the Illinois R&B/pop artist wants to let you know that any pain you’ve felt before in life doesn’t have to affect the relationship you’re in right now. When you let a bad experience bring down what you have in front of you right now, it can feel like you’re drowning yourself and the other person. Hence the heavy, dragging feel behind the production and lyrics, both provided by the singer. New York-repping guest ANTHM emphasizes the subconscious power of emotional baggage by telling a roller coaster story of the girl who was supposed to be the one but ultimately never worked out. Push (Remix) will appear on Blak Nevada’s upcoming album, Kathedral City. Get more Blak Nevada at his website and his Facebook page.
Written by Bryan H on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.