Synth, Trap, and R&B production styles are all well and good, but in this Hip-Hop head’s humble opinion, there is simply nothing better than a properly flipped Soul sample. If you happen to agree with me (great minds think alike) than you will enjoy this smooth effort from Blaison Maven. Reporting Live From Crenshaw, Maven graces a glossy soul beat from Special Deliv and Soraya La Pread, which has a definitive West Coast bounce. Maven gives the track it’s bite with a crisp, fluid flow and some potent, authentic bars. This effort, part of Maven’s #2MonthsofReign series, is his second feature of the April, following Roulette.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.