Synth, Trap, and R&B production styles are all well and good, but in this Hip-Hop head’s humble opinion, there is simply nothing better than a properly flipped Soul sample. If you happen to agree with me (great minds think alike) than you will enjoy this smooth effort from Blaison Maven. Reporting Live From Crenshaw, Maven graces a glossy soul beat from Special Deliv and Soraya La Pread, which has a definitive West Coast bounce. Maven gives the track it’s bite with a crisp, fluid flow and some potent, authentic bars. This effort, part of Maven’s #2MonthsofReign series, is his second feature of the April, following Roulette.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.