Synth, Trap, and R&B production styles are all well and good, but in this Hip-Hop head’s humble opinion, there is simply nothing better than a properly flipped Soul sample. If you happen to agree with me (great minds think alike) than you will enjoy this smooth effort from Blaison Maven. Reporting Live From Crenshaw, Maven graces a glossy soul beat from Special Deliv and Soraya La Pread, which has a definitive West Coast bounce. Maven gives the track it’s bite with a crisp, fluid flow and some potent, authentic bars. This effort, part of Maven’s #2MonthsofReign series, is his second feature of the April, following Roulette.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.