Back in May, international indie twosome BLACWATER ended a three-year absence from the Booth with GOOD MAN, the reader-acclaimed lead single off their forthcoming EP. Today, they return with the newly-released follow-up—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. On this street-ready cut, the duo put a contemporary spin on an old saying: “Do the Cap Fit? Let them wear it.” Here, Draztik‘s synth-driven street boardwork sets the mood as crewmate Silence Demall rhymes about the necessity of watching out for snakes in the grass. Guest vocalist MXO lends a dancehall flavor to the record’s opening verse and chorus. Click here to peep the official visuals, shot on location in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Weight of Midnight currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.