Back in May, international indie twosome BLACWATER ended a three-year absence from the Booth with GOOD MAN, the reader-acclaimed lead single off their forthcoming EP. Today, they return with the newly-released follow-up—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. On this street-ready cut, the duo put a contemporary spin on an old saying: “Do the Cap Fit? Let them wear it.” Here, Draztik‘s synth-driven street boardwork sets the mood as crewmate Silence Demall rhymes about the necessity of watching out for snakes in the grass. Guest vocalist MXO lends a dancehall flavor to the record’s opening verse and chorus. Click here to peep the official visuals, shot on location in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Weight of Midnight currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.