Back in May, international indie twosome BLACWATER ended a three-year absence from the Booth with GOOD MAN, the reader-acclaimed lead single off their forthcoming EP. Today, they return with the newly-released follow-up—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. On this street-ready cut, the duo put a contemporary spin on an old saying: “Do the Cap Fit? Let them wear it.” Here, Draztik‘s synth-driven street boardwork sets the mood as crewmate Silence Demall rhymes about the necessity of watching out for snakes in the grass. Guest vocalist MXO lends a dancehall flavor to the record’s opening verse and chorus. Click here to peep the official visuals, shot on location in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Weight of Midnight currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.