Back in May, international indie twosome BLACWATER ended a three-year absence from the Booth with GOOD MAN, the reader-acclaimed lead single off their forthcoming EP. Today, they return with the newly-released follow-up—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. On this street-ready cut, the duo put a contemporary spin on an old saying: “Do the Cap Fit? Let them wear it.” Here, Draztik‘s synth-driven street boardwork sets the mood as crewmate Silence Demall rhymes about the necessity of watching out for snakes in the grass. Guest vocalist MXO lends a dancehall flavor to the record’s opening verse and chorus. Click here to peep the official visuals, shot on location in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Weight of Midnight currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.