Back in May, international indie twosome BLACWATER ended a three-year absence from the Booth with GOOD MAN, the reader-acclaimed lead single off their forthcoming EP. Today, they return with the newly-released follow-up—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. On this street-ready cut, the duo put a contemporary spin on an old saying: “Do the Cap Fit? Let them wear it.” Here, Draztik‘s synth-driven street boardwork sets the mood as crewmate Silence Demall rhymes about the necessity of watching out for snakes in the grass. Guest vocalist MXO lends a dancehall flavor to the record’s opening verse and chorus. Click here to peep the official visuals, shot on location in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Weight of Midnight currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.