It was only recently that Blackbear got his heart broken, so it’s understandable that the Los Angeles alt-R&B buzzmaker’s reluctant to dive headfirst into another relationship. On promo single Weak When Ur Around, he asks a new girl to bear with him (pun not intended) as he works through his emotional baggage: “Give it a rest my love, let’s take this slow / We both need some room to breathe.” Paradoxically, though, he doesn’t hesitate to make big plans for their future together. Over his own spare guitar backdrop, he promises to quit selling drugs and “move [her] out the city,” where they can make a fresh start. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, as always, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from this promising crooner.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.