It was only recently that Blackbear got his heart broken, so it’s understandable that the Los Angeles alt-R&B buzzmaker’s reluctant to dive headfirst into another relationship. On promo single Weak When Ur Around, he asks a new girl to bear with him (pun not intended) as he works through his emotional baggage: “Give it a rest my love, let’s take this slow / We both need some room to breathe.” Paradoxically, though, he doesn’t hesitate to make big plans for their future together. Over his own spare guitar backdrop, he promises to quit selling drugs and “move [her] out the city,” where they can make a fresh start. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, as always, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from this promising crooner.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.