It was only recently that Blackbear got his heart broken, so it’s understandable that the Los Angeles alt-R&B buzzmaker’s reluctant to dive headfirst into another relationship. On promo single Weak When Ur Around, he asks a new girl to bear with him (pun not intended) as he works through his emotional baggage: “Give it a rest my love, let’s take this slow / We both need some room to breathe.” Paradoxically, though, he doesn’t hesitate to make big plans for their future together. Over his own spare guitar backdrop, he promises to quit selling drugs and “move [her] out the city,” where they can make a fresh start. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, as always, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from this promising crooner.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.