Recently heard lending his vocals to Flash&Flaunt, a Booth-acclaimed cut by Hawaiian rhymesayer Prie, Blackbear returns to brighten up our Afternoon with a brand new single of his own. On this wistful burner, the Golden State alt-R&B buzzmaker revisits one of his fondest memories of a certain woman—a memory that just so happens to be set in the bedroom. Contemplating their midday sessions between the sheets, he wonders, “Tell me what am I gonna do / Without you?” To back his wistful, yet freaky recollections, Blackbear cooks up an atmospheric synth beat that takes a sharp left turn into trap territory at the record’s halfway point. Afternoon isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on the artist’s upcoming Afterglow project, which encompasses a short film as well as an album’s worth of new music
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.