Recently heard lending his vocals to Flash&Flaunt, a Booth-acclaimed cut by Hawaiian rhymesayer Prie, Blackbear returns to brighten up our Afternoon with a brand new single of his own. On this wistful burner, the Golden State alt-R&B buzzmaker revisits one of his fondest memories of a certain woman—a memory that just so happens to be set in the bedroom. Contemplating their midday sessions between the sheets, he wonders, “Tell me what am I gonna do / Without you?” To back his wistful, yet freaky recollections, Blackbear cooks up an atmospheric synth beat that takes a sharp left turn into trap territory at the record’s halfway point. Afternoon isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on the artist’s upcoming Afterglow project, which encompasses a short film as well as an album’s worth of new music
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.