Recently heard lending his vocals to Flash&Flaunt, a Booth-acclaimed cut by Hawaiian rhymesayer Prie, Blackbear returns to brighten up our Afternoon with a brand new single of his own. On this wistful burner, the Golden State alt-R&B buzzmaker revisits one of his fondest memories of a certain woman—a memory that just so happens to be set in the bedroom. Contemplating their midday sessions between the sheets, he wonders, “Tell me what am I gonna do / Without you?” To back his wistful, yet freaky recollections, Blackbear cooks up an atmospheric synth beat that takes a sharp left turn into trap territory at the record’s halfway point. Afternoon isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on the artist’s upcoming Afterglow project, which encompasses a short film as well as an album’s worth of new music
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)