Recently heard lending his vocals to Flash&Flaunt, a Booth-acclaimed cut by Hawaiian rhymesayer Prie, Blackbear returns to brighten up our Afternoon with a brand new single of his own. On this wistful burner, the Golden State alt-R&B buzzmaker revisits one of his fondest memories of a certain woman—a memory that just so happens to be set in the bedroom. Contemplating their midday sessions between the sheets, he wonders, “Tell me what am I gonna do / Without you?” To back his wistful, yet freaky recollections, Blackbear cooks up an atmospheric synth beat that takes a sharp left turn into trap territory at the record’s halfway point. Afternoon isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for details on the artist’s upcoming Afterglow project, which encompasses a short film as well as an album’s worth of new music
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.