On a previous feature, alt-R&B buzzmaker Blackbear and a longtime homegirl pondered whether to turn from friends into lovers. This new promo single, his first feature of the new year, depicts an inverse and even more dramatic transformation: that of romantic partners into complete Strangers. Over a melancholy, self-produced synth backdrop, the Golden State R&B dual threat assures his girl that his feelings for her haven’t waned, despite the growing distance between them: “I know we sometimes hurt each other, but I’m still in love with you.” Gentle, overdubbed vocal harmonies accompany the artist as he delivers his poignant verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger forthcoming project but, while you wait for further details on his 2014 plans, you can always check out the artist’s last featured cut, October’s I Needed You.
Written by richard on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.