On a previous feature, alt-R&B buzzmaker Blackbear and a longtime homegirl pondered whether to turn from friends into lovers. This new promo single, his first feature of the new year, depicts an inverse and even more dramatic transformation: that of romantic partners into complete Strangers. Over a melancholy, self-produced synth backdrop, the Golden State R&B dual threat assures his girl that his feelings for her haven’t waned, despite the growing distance between them: “I know we sometimes hurt each other, but I’m still in love with you.” Gentle, overdubbed vocal harmonies accompany the artist as he delivers his poignant verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger forthcoming project but, while you wait for further details on his 2014 plans, you can always check out the artist’s last featured cut, October’s I Needed You.
Written by richard on 01/10/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.