On a previous feature, alt-R&B buzzmaker Blackbear and a longtime homegirl pondered whether to turn from friends into lovers. This new promo single, his first feature of the new year, depicts an inverse and even more dramatic transformation: that of romantic partners into complete Strangers. Over a melancholy, self-produced synth backdrop, the Golden State R&B dual threat assures his girl that his feelings for her haven’t waned, despite the growing distance between them: “I know we sometimes hurt each other, but I’m still in love with you.” Gentle, overdubbed vocal harmonies accompany the artist as he delivers his poignant verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger forthcoming project but, while you wait for further details on his 2014 plans, you can always check out the artist’s last featured cut, October’s I Needed You.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!