On a previous feature, alt-R&B buzzmaker Blackbear and a longtime homegirl pondered whether to turn from friends into lovers. This new promo single, his first feature of the new year, depicts an inverse and even more dramatic transformation: that of romantic partners into complete Strangers. Over a melancholy, self-produced synth backdrop, the Golden State R&B dual threat assures his girl that his feelings for her haven’t waned, despite the growing distance between them: “I know we sometimes hurt each other, but I’m still in love with you.” Gentle, overdubbed vocal harmonies accompany the artist as he delivers his poignant verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger forthcoming project but, while you wait for further details on his 2014 plans, you can always check out the artist’s last featured cut, October’s I Needed You.
Written by richard on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.