I’ve heard it said that, if you’re attacked by a bear, Playing Dead is your best bet for survival. (Fortunately, I haven’t had an opportunity to put that to the test). On Blackbear‘s latest single, however, it’s him doing his best impression of a cadaver, when faced with a ferocious… part-time model? On this freshly-minted promo single, the Cali alt-R&B singer describes a hard-partying shawty who has him hanging on her every word, though his intuition tells him she’s nothing but trouble. Together with Joshua Crosby, the artist creates an addictive, off-kilter synth/sample beat to accompany his effortlessly smooth vocals. This joint is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Blackbear’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.