I’ve heard it said that, if you’re attacked by a bear, Playing Dead is your best bet for survival. (Fortunately, I haven’t had an opportunity to put that to the test). On Blackbear‘s latest single, however, it’s him doing his best impression of a cadaver, when faced with a ferocious… part-time model? On this freshly-minted promo single, the Cali alt-R&B singer describes a hard-partying shawty who has him hanging on her every word, though his intuition tells him she’s nothing but trouble. Together with Joshua Crosby, the artist creates an addictive, off-kilter synth/sample beat to accompany his effortlessly smooth vocals. This joint is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Blackbear’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.