I’ve heard it said that, if you’re attacked by a bear, Playing Dead is your best bet for survival. (Fortunately, I haven’t had an opportunity to put that to the test). On Blackbear‘s latest single, however, it’s him doing his best impression of a cadaver, when faced with a ferocious… part-time model? On this freshly-minted promo single, the Cali alt-R&B singer describes a hard-partying shawty who has him hanging on her every word, though his intuition tells him she’s nothing but trouble. Together with Joshua Crosby, the artist creates an addictive, off-kilter synth/sample beat to accompany his effortlessly smooth vocals. This joint is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Blackbear’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.