I’ve heard it said that, if you’re attacked by a bear, Playing Dead is your best bet for survival. (Fortunately, I haven’t had an opportunity to put that to the test). On Blackbear‘s latest single, however, it’s him doing his best impression of a cadaver, when faced with a ferocious… part-time model? On this freshly-minted promo single, the Cali alt-R&B singer describes a hard-partying shawty who has him hanging on her every word, though his intuition tells him she’s nothing but trouble. Together with Joshua Crosby, the artist creates an addictive, off-kilter synth/sample beat to accompany his effortlessly smooth vocals. This joint is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Blackbear’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.