Since the dawn of humanity, two questions have plagued mankind: “What is the meaning of life?” and—perhaps the bigger mystery—“Can a guy and a girl be Just Friends?” Even if it’s just for one night, Blackbear sure hopes so. On this late-night, ambient jam, Blackbear sets the mood with a sample from Touch Sensitive’s Pizza Guy. While the L.A. native’s smooth, sung-rapped delivery will draw you in, you’ll stay for Nylo’s subtle, haunting backup vocals. The two have an incredible chemistry that will have you asking, “Are they more than Just Friends?” There is no news on a larger project from Blackbear, but those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out his last feature, May’s Unable.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/22/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.