Since the dawn of humanity, two questions have plagued mankind: “What is the meaning of life?” and—perhaps the bigger mystery—“Can a guy and a girl be Just Friends?” Even if it’s just for one night, Blackbear sure hopes so. On this late-night, ambient jam, Blackbear sets the mood with a sample from Touch Sensitive’s Pizza Guy. While the L.A. native’s smooth, sung-rapped delivery will draw you in, you’ll stay for Nylo’s subtle, haunting backup vocals. The two have an incredible chemistry that will have you asking, “Are they more than Just Friends?” There is no news on a larger project from Blackbear, but those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out his last feature, May’s Unable.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.