It’s rare that a song’s title and the emotions you feel from the song sync up as well as they do on Grey L.A. The latest single off of Blackbear‘s new EP, The Afterglow, is an audio grey matter that slowly seeps into your brain like the silver stuff from the Matrix. The singer’s voice being pitched down, mixed with a hypnotic beat co-produced by Blackbear and Boy Genius, complement the dysfunctional relationship that sits at the heart of the record. It only makes sense that this warming yet haunting track would be titled Grey L.A. You can purchase the single, along with the rest of The Afterglow EP on iTunes now.
Written by Bryan H on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.